Friday, August 22, 2014

...too many blood suckers to sit outside...

 Those pesky little blood suckers (mosquitoes) have been practically swarming in my yard lately. I don't have any standing water that I can tell but there is swampland nearby. If I can help it, I don't use bug spray... mostly because of little guys like this Hummingbird Moth along with other beneficial bugs and birds. I was only outside for a few minutes and I have nearly a half dozen bites! Yet another reason I love bats.

Because I don't want to be bitten, I've retreated back indoors. For now I'll have to enjoy my garden from peeping out my back windows.

I had to prune back two butterfly bushes that were taking over my Pom Pom. I love that little guy.
More tomatoes on the vine... and a red flower to attract the hummingbirds.

4 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at your clarifying that the "pesky little blood suckers" were mosquitos! I guess that is necessary in our little community! ;D

    I hope you can find a way to win back your garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I guess I didn't actually have to clarify that.

      Delete
  2. Sigh. Mosquitoes! They are terrible! :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am plagued yearly by Scottish midges. I guess that's a natural consequence of living in the Highlands, and so close to boggy moors, but it's annoying.

    ReplyDelete