The Curious Professor Z tagged lil ol’ me in a Halloween tag and since I LOVELOVELOVE to fill out surveys (no seriously, I do. Those surveys on receipts… I totally fill them out!) BUT, it’s also Professor Z so I kind of have to because we’re friends and all!
So I must tag some bloggers. :)
1. Jade at Daughter of the jaded era
4. App'y at App'y Talk
5. Connie at Hartwood Roses
1. Favorite Halloween song? Hands down… no questions asked "Monster Mash" Bobby "Boris" Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers (1962). Nothing gets me more excited about the holiday.
2. Witch or Vampire? Um, anyone who knows me understands that vampires are more than an obsession for me. I teach a vampire course!
3. Favorite thing about Halloween? It’s fun! For a very short period of time everyone around me loves what I love year ‘round. Sometimes I walk into stores not planning to buy anything just because I want to be around the Halloween merchandise. There is also something magical this time of year. The weather and scenery are finally starting to change. I also LOVE candy. Yeah, yeah, yeah I like chocolate like others do but I like JUNK KID'S CANDY... anything with a vampire or bat (like the Mike & Ike Vampire Variety or the Veggie Chips Ghosts + Bats) I buy and eat. I also get to come home to fun surprises like this evening I walked in to see that my fella added bats to my bathroom mirror. Awwwwww!
4. Halloween party or scary movie marathon? Can I blend the two? Halloween movie marathon… I had no idea that Professor Z would have ever liked the Halloweentown movies. OMG ME TOO! I record nearly every dorky Halloween movie and watch it. I have gone to Halloween parties in the past and sometimes I host them but last year we started a new tradition of seeing The Taters Halloween Spooktacular! at Ashland Coffee & Tea. My fella is long-time friends with some of the members of the band. People dress up and we listen to spooky music!
5. Skeletons or Zombies? For Halloween, Skeletons because they’re fun. Zombies scare the shit out of me.
6. Favorite Halloween candy? YES Please!
7. Favorite Halloween movie? Okay I didn't have a title in my head anymore because it was so long ago but there was this ridiculously awesome movie from the 1980s that I watched on television and it represented (in my head) everything that I loved about Halloween. Through the magic of the internet, I just typed in the more hilarious keyword search (1980 movie television Halloween guy falls for dead girl cheerleader... yep, that was my keyword search) and I FOUND IT! It's a Halloween miracle. So for your viewing pleasure (and mine because I haven't seen this since I was a little me!), I present to you
The Midnight Hour - ABC TV (1985).
“When teenagers unleash an ancient witch's curse...the dead return to liven up Halloween!It's Halloween night, and the local teenagers have unwittingly unleashed an ancient curse that will turn their quiet New England town upside down! A group of uninvited guests -- ghosts, ghouls, vampires and angry zombies -- leave the graveyard to join in the Halloween celebration! Now, the spirited teens have only a few hours until midnight to reverse the curse, and save the town from ghastly visitors. The result is a hilarious blend of humor and horror.The Midnight Hour is an enjoyable cross between Night of the Living Dead and An American Werewolf (Video Movie Guide), a treat filled with tricks and entertainment for the whole family!The Midnight Hour aired on ABC on November 1, 1985”
|The new batty necklace!|
9. Favorite Halloween store? Pottery Barn for home décor and Heidi Daus for her Halloween jewelry
10. Jack-o-lanterns, yes or no? YES!
11. Bats or Black Cats? ^o^ ^o^ ^o^
12. Is Halloween your favorite holiday? Nope, it’s a lifestyle choice ;D
13. Pumpkin spice latte or hot chocolate? This morning I had a Salted Caramel Mocha but I like Pumpkin Spice Lattes as well. I’m an equal opportunity drinker!