Tuesday, December 9, 2014

… the ghosts of Christmas (Winter Solstice) wedding future…



http://www.abigaillarson.com/

I’m obsessed with Christmas! I love Christmas movies, Christmas music, and Christmas events! I may as well add a few more explanation marks !!! because that is how I feel about Christmas. It’s the time of year to embrace all that is Magic. It’s a time where we wait and we hope. I put on Christmas pajamas. I make peppermint hot chocolate. I look at each ornament on the Christmas tree~s~!

I’ve mentioned a few times on this blog that I had planned to be a Christmas Princess for my wedding which really just translates to me wearing a red gown and sparkly jewelry (although my wedding dress inspiration was probably from Bing Crosby’s White Christmas.) We actually planned to marry on the Winter Solstice because my fella says that it’s the darkest night and we’ve made it through some pretty dark times so why not celebrate our Togetherness by wedding on and weathering the darkest of nights. He’s a romantic and I love it! In fact, even though we moved up the wedding when Life Happened, we still kept our Bed & Breakfast reservations for our original wedding. And now we’re celebrating the wedding that was supposed to be. (My fella is also pretty existential).
http://www.abigaillarson.com/

All of this is in my thoughts because the date is approaching and somewhere in some parallel universe I’m still married on that day. I also custom-ordered bride & groom bats from The Occasional Bat (oh, yeah, don’t forget about my second and hopefully more successful Goth Gardening Gift Giving contest! The deadline is Friday the 12th and YOU TOO could own your very own bat from The Occasional Bat!)  that are on the way. And finally today, I received our Wedding Portrait and Bridal Portrait from the talented Richmond, VA artist Abigail Larson. She recently worked with Vincent Price's daughter Victoria Price to design a label for the Chardonnay bottle in the Vincent Price Signature Wine collection! I fell in love with her work a few years ago and now and then attend local shows to purchase some of her prints. Having custom portraits made was an idea I schemed up last February when it was suggested that we have our portraits made. “Um, yes. I think we will!” While giggling, “But it won’t be what you expect.” This morning I received the digital versions and I’ve ordered prints through her site.
So here I’m sharing it all with you first… even a picture of me in my what-was-supposed-to-be wedding gown (wrinkled and without makeup… or the appropriate undergarments), and our portraits. I’ll photograph the bats as soon as they arrive.

8 comments:

  1. Oooh that is so cool that you got your portraits done! I love Abigail Larson! I am so jealous. You look gorgeous in that dress by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to wear it someday. My fella didn't want me to return it. It hasn't even been hemmed yet.

      I'm thrilled! I think I caught her right before she got super busy. Love her work :D

      Delete
  2. Wow, I love your idea of the alternate universe where this is your wedding day! Make sure you celebrate for alternate universe you! And nice to still have b&b reservations, like a second wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have reservations for the exact time we were supposed to be married and we booked the same room at the B&B. It will be our little holiday vacation.

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is SOOOO awesome!!! And those portraits are fantastic! Maybe Life Happened just so you have TWO wedding celebrations this year... why not??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice way of looking at it. I'm all about a celebration :D

      Delete
  4. That portrait is so freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! It will make its Facebook debut on our what-was-supposed-to-be-wedding-date :p

      Delete