Monday, August 14, 2017

...a Poison bottle into a vase DIY...




A friend recently mentioned that the small red bottle in my recent post about air plants resembled a poison bottle. My response, “It is! It's a Dior Hypnotic Poison bottle.


I’ll admit that Kimberly Johnson’s “How to Remove the Spray Top From Old Perfume Bottles” is probably a much safer approach. I looked at her five simple steps and then proceeded to improvise. She was right, “the actual spray nozzle pulls off easily, removing the rest of the spray top takes a little work.” 

Basically, I had an extra air plant without a home and I needed a small container to rest him in. Oddly enough, I could not find a single small container that was not being used, or that was cute enough. Then I remembered that I had used up my perfume to the very last squirt. The bottle was just too cute to toss so it was lingering on my dresser. It turns out that it was exactly what I had in mind.

With some pliers, an ice pick, and a sharp blade, along with one glove so I would not stab myself and some safety glasses, I pried apart the perfume bottle.

The opening of the bottle is quite small so if you plan to use this as a traditional vase where you add water, you will only be able to fit a small stemmed flower inside; but, it would look adorable with a single stem.

3 comments:

  1. That is a cute bottle! Great idea to use it to hold an air plant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list of tools for this 'simple' DIY transformation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely a fabulous bottle! Reminds me a bit of a heart!

    ReplyDelete