Sunday, June 21, 2015

... another shoe review ~Mohops~...



Last year around this time I was searching for *wedding shows* and stumbled upon Mohop. I loved that they were customizable and that no one else would ever wear the exact same shoe as I was wearing. I also like that they are a socially-conscious company. All of our collections are produced with vegan, sustainably-sourced, recycled, and/or fair-trade materials. They’re also made in the USA… all in a workshop in Chicago to be exact.

At the time, I was looking at their Bespoke line which are priced much higher than their other collections. I’ll be honest they would have been the most expensive part of the wedding. I actually emailed back and forth with the owner (yep, architect Annie Mohaupt answered her own email!) about the Bespoke coming in black… which they did not and still do not. In the end, I didn’t go with the shoes.
 
Then Mohop came out with the Mokobo collection that offers a black option! This style was inspired by Japanese okobo, a wood-soled platform sandal worn by apprentice geisha. Mokobos are ergonomically-carved with a thich padding. They are surprisingly comfortable (except when I pull the ribbon too tight and squish my baby toe!). Mokobos are carved from solid blocks of linden wood.  If your feet are not the exact same size, they can accommodate that because you actually have the option of tracing your feet.

I love my new Mohops. There are so many different ways I can tie the ribbons… plus, I’ve added some ribbons that I already had and am super excited about adding some Halloween ribbon to these. I even bought their vegan black leather triple strap accessory for my sandals.I even posed awkwardly just so I could show off two different looks.

6 comments:

  1. I love that itis so cudtomisable! And I am always a fan of fair trade companies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! You can really make them into any look you want.

      Delete
  2. Those are fabulous! I love the pink skull ribbon. Makes me wish I wore sandals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up the skull ribbon from Michael's craft store. I realized I didn't have pink ribbon in the house.

      I've changed out shoestrings in other shoes including some Fly London sandals with circus stripes and my Docs with bat shoe strings...and always get compliments. Sometimes it's all about the little changes. :)

      Delete
  3. These look way to cool! Unfortunately the shipping cost to Germany are gigantic... I'll search for used ones here, I guess! Thanks for showing them to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your blog post very much. You have really shared a informative and interesting blog post with people..
    handmade leather shoes

    ReplyDelete