Wednesday, January 20, 2021

...when lost, look in the garden...

 
Today was a day off. The proximity of the university to the Capitol makes for hectic commuting when we’re not in a pandemic so our semester schedule always gets pushed back every four years. I usually prep for my courses or work on research. Today, I could do neither.

What an exhausting few weeks. I hardly slept last night and this evening, I’m feeling emotionally drained. For someone who hasn’t actually interacted with people face-to-face much for 313 days, I could use some alone time. I pocked around at my houseplants. The prayer plant has a little green bloom. I didn’t even know they had blooms until it popped up last week. I have an amaryllis that is growing quite tall. The hyacinth continues to bloom. They smell quick lovely.

Hellebore
I headed out into the garden. The green ice roses are not looking very green at all. They’re a lovely spotted pink. The black hellebores have buds. My green/purple hellebores have buds as well but the black hellebores have never bloomed since I purchased them as little sprouts. Gardening sometimes means waiting years just to see what will happen.  

I came inside and realized that I needed a good cleanse so I lit a black obsidian healing candle, which has the lovely fragrance of white sage and lavender, and I took a hot shower. I held my rose crystal tight. And then I put on lavender oil. Now I’m wrapped up with classical music playing in my fella’s office (he did have to work today) and the crackling of the candle beside me.

Green Ice rose blooms today
Black obsidian helps cleanse the psychic muck and it also helps break negative attachments. The rose quartz inspires compassion and boosts a feeling of peace and calm.  The lavender is for the anxiety.

Green Ice blooms in September
I think I am going to make some tea. For dinner, we’re ordering out. I want a big salad and a slice of pizza from our local pizzeria. I just started Cherie Priest’s The Family Plot: A Novel a couple of nights ago. I think that seems like a good plan for tonight.

How do you help heal yourself?

6 comments:

  1. Your blooms never fail to take my breath away - and to see such active flora in the dark, stoic heart of winter is especially welcome treat for my Canadian eyes. Thank you for sharing these beauties with us.

    May you have a deeply serene remainder of the week,
    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Autumn. I'm like a kid each morning running out to see what has bloomed. Right now, I have my first spike on my Bnfd. Gilded Tower 'Mystic Maze' orchid. I bought it last February at an orchid show so this will be (tossing good growing vibes into the air) my first blooms.

      Delete
  2. My normal answer would be a swim in the pool, stream, lake, or ocean. Alas, the pandemic has shut the YMCA and it's too darned cold for an outside swim. I need some ocean time, so I'm going to drag Ed down to Marblehead tomorrow so that I can sit on the rocks and listen to the waves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you were able to head out. It's 17*F here in Virginia this morning. This is crazy cold for us.

      Delete
  3. Being in the garden is very cleansing, too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! And whenever the world is completely horrid, I am reminded that nature goes on.

      Delete