Tuesday, October 13, 2015

...a Victorian dress morning (not a Victorian mourning dress)...



Last week I was feeling fun and a bit silly one morning. I have so many (black) suit jackets but sometimes I get into a routine where I wear the same few. 

That morning, I decided to wear this jacket that ended up making my outfit a bit more Victorian than I planned. I loved how it turned out although I’m not sure if I was exactly work-appropriate. And yet, no one said a thing. 

This is actually a Nightmare Before Christmas jacket from Hot Topic that I bought last April. The inside is lined with Jack's head. 

The pictures were taken around 5am before I was fully ready to head out the door. If it makes me laugh or smile, I wear it! 

On Friday I put together another outfit that I thought was fun. I always think of this dress that I bought from Dress Barn several years ago as a black and white version of Sally's from The Nightmare Before Christmas. I matched it with a black jacket with white stripes (also from Dress Barn). It was a little cartoony... and all the better for it. 

Both days were non-teaching days so maybe no one notices me when I'm sitting in an office (although folks do come in and out all day). But, I do amuse myself. 


13 comments:

  1. Love the pun and both outfits! Definitely have to make a ruffly NBC jacket one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha thanks!

      I need to work on my sewing (lack of) skills.

      Delete
  2. I love that blazer and you have a nice smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvie. After a lousy work day, your comment almost made me cry it was so nice!

      Delete
  3. You look very animated for 5am! ;) Not sure I could manage to put together such a nice outfit at that hour! Actually I am sure, I couldn't! Its a gorgeous blazer though, I am a sucker for stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love the way you put things together. More is more, then add some more! You do look a bit too perky for 5am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coco Chanel once said "before leaving the house, a lady should look in the mirror and remove one accessory." Ha ha ha Shakes head! That's just so wrong.

      Delete
    2. Add one more, I think. More is gooder, excess is best. :)

      Delete
    3. I often think... "Yeah, you need one more piece" ;D

      Delete
  5. Fantastic - and very chic - outfit. I just love the back of that jacket. Swoon!!!

    Big hugs from Canada,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete