Sunday, October 18, 2015

...a Halloweeny wedding with my other fella...



How often does a girl ask, "Which coffin handbag should I bring to the wedding?" In fact, I was told nothing that I could wear would be too over-the-top... so my new Halloweeny necklace by Kay Adams it was along with a dress from White House Black Market.

Gwee! Yesterday I attended a Halloweeny/ beautiful farm wedding for the brother of one of my oldest friends whom I call *my other fella*. I actually even attended his high school prom as his date! I love to tell people that but in the grand timeline of our friendship, that one event was pretty tiny. We started working together at King Dominion, a local theme park owned by the Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, where it turns out he still works as the HR Director. He's fancy like that now but back in the day, we worked in the Rides Department together and we cleaned trash bags and toilets together... and once you do that kind of work with someone, they become your forever friend ;)

My fella aka husband got to stay at home which was more than fine with him because he really hates wearing ties and for whatever reasons Weddings = Tie-Wearing. Speaking of which, my other fella, a HUGE Disney fan, wore his Haunted Mansion tie and it fit in perfectly with the purple and black wedding colors.
The dogs decided that they would walk down the aisle!

The wedding was at a family member’s farm. Let me emphasize horse farm… as in not a shabby old farm with a few tomato plants but one with a beautiful horse galloping in the background wondering what all the fuss is about while we waited for the bride to walk down the aisle.

Look at that sky!
It was a family affair. One of the aunts did the flower arrangements, another prepared food…even my other fella took on the role as wedding/event planner. Shoot, even I was added to the role of staff by the end of the evening!

The couple couldn’t have picked a better day to get married. I wouldn’t normally add private wedding pictures on this blog but this one intentionally puts the group in the shadow of a large tree while that bright blue sky with perfect puffs of clouds rest over the wedding party.  It really wasn’t this dark in person but I wanted to accentuate the view.
 
From the wedding, we headed to the reception with my other fella’s mom giving us a quick errand at the local dollar store. We had to pick up some baby wipes. We didn’t ask questions but boy did we speculate on the absurdity of needing two containers of what we affectionately named “wedding wipes.” Here, I had my other fella’s cousin pose with the wipes and the coffin container I made him buy me (there’s a little Dracula inside :p). Isn't she darling? And just as sweet as pie too!

So many handsome fellas in my life!
At the reception, I took pictures of the bride’s bouquet and their wedding cake which I didn’t get to see them cut and share because I was helping to pour champagne. I didn’t mind helping out at all. In the celebration of families joining, I remembered that sometimes we’re born into families and sometimes we choose our close friends as our family members.  

17 comments:

  1. "Sometimes we're born into families and sometimes we choose our close friends as our family members." So, so true ... and you, my dear, are definitely a family member. I've been thinking about you a lot lately, wondering how you're doing with the dept chair gig. I just told the fire ant story to another set of friends ... hehehehe ... one of my favorite memories. I wonder when I'll get my super powers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're family too :D Thinking of me? Why, I've been thinking of you! In fact, I have a package going out tomorrow with your name on it ;D

      Delete
    2. HOLY CRAP! Get out of my head!!! I'm getting ready to ... shhhhhh ... it's a secret! HA! You'll see!

      Delete
  2. The cake is amazing and you looked smashing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cake was amazing! It was tasty too :)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Yes, I love the family members I have chosen for myself! Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post and amazing photos! :D It seems like you and the whole wedding party had a great time. So much positive energy, I can't help but to smile like a fool in front of my computer! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Jade, I wish I could see you doing that :p It was all positive energy, light, and love.

      Delete
  5. What a nice way to have a wedding. That is so nice and I agree with the sentiment too. Sometimes what makes us family isn't always blood. Sounds like you guys had a blast. Ever find out what those wipes were for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I was totally waiting for someone to ask :p Baby wipes are a great way to clean wine glasses! Who know?!? :D

      Delete
  6. There's nothing quite like the feeling that nothing we wear is out of bounds! The outfit, accessories, coffin handbag, etc ... perfect! I'm glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Can't wait to hear about the cemetery lecture I missed! :)

      Delete