Saturday, December 19, 2015

... a little Christmasing catching up & historical sites...



Professor Z’s Gothidays took me by storm last week in a posting frenzy. The sheer exhaustion of keeping up with posts and the end-of-semester crunch time have kept me silent this week.

This morning I posted grades and completed the assessments so as an instructor my semester has officially ended. As a department chair, I still have meetings, signatures on paperwork, and other business to attend to… but the semester IS winding down, or in some ways it feels like it is spiraling down.



Even with a hectic week, I still made some time for some merriment!
First, there was the department “loud holiday sweater” department meeting and potluck.

Then, there was an event at Agecroft Hall with a historian who portrayed a butler who gave a behind-the-scenes look at the responsibilities of preparing for the festive season and who shared the 'Traditions of Christmas.’ I learned all about the history of the Christmas card among other things.

Finally, today brought a close friend to DC for a brief reunion and then tonight had me rushing off to celebrate the 1893 Christmas at the Dooley residence for the Maymont at Moonlight event.

 


















Because I’m tuckered and it’s past my bedtime I’m going to have to write about these in more detail at a later time. Right now, I’ll just add my loud holiday party attire and a picture of a random decorated Christmas tree that I took after the Agecroft Hall event.

It's going to be a bit of a hectic weekend too. My fella is looking to buy a car tomorrow and then on Sunday we're going bowling at The White House. Yes, you read that correctly... bowling at the Harry S. Truman Bowling Alley located in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building for the use of White House staffers and their guests! I most likely won't see the president but ya never know ;D 

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulously fun holiday part look. Those red and black striped stockings are such a cool take on the classic candy cane sort of pattern.

    Have a beautiful festive season!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I hope you have fantastic time at the White House! ^_^

    ReplyDelete