Saturday, December 12, 2015

...gothidays... dressed in holiday style...

On the sixth day of Gothidays (click on the picture below!), I'm writing about Christmas attire. 

My family never *dressed up* for the holidays. Thankfully there were no formal family gatherings. We always could wear what we wanted. 
 
And, in my childhood home with a buck stove (a wood stove with a fan) and my father proudly heating our living room to 90°F/32°C (I’m not kidding! He was cold as a child and said that he would never be cold again!), no one wore much more than summer attire.  When friends would come over in their holiday sweaters clearly ignoring my warnings, I felt a bit sad for them as they melted like Frosty the Snowman in the greenhouse. Winters in my family house included shorts and t-shirts.  
 


Albeit not the norm, today was 75°F/ 24°C so I was out Christmas shopping in shorts. I do recall several Christmas days being in short sleeves. In fact, my fella just turned on the air conditioner because tonight we’re putting up our decorations and he wants to wear one of our Christmas traditions—holiday pajamas. We were supposed to (in my mind) change our holiday pajamas annually but he picked these (over the Elf-looking ones that I wanted) and they make him so happy. They make me happy too. They’re from Pajamagrams.com called “Home for the Holidays”, the same name of the song that was playing when we got engaged. 

Worn to my fella's mom's house a few years ago
This year's Christmas shirt.
Now when I write about dressing for Christmas, I mean pajamas and fun outfits that I put together for Christmas day.  



8 comments:

  1. The two of you are so sweet together ... makes my teeth hurt just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than matching flannel PJ's on a cold winter evening, although I can't imagine having to turn on the AC to wear them! We really need them up here. Your fella's a good sport. What a keeper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo cute. Obviously Christmas in shorts is the norm for my family ;) but my aunt always keeps her house at "flip-flop weather" temperature even in the Canadian winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, matching PJs, you two are so cute!

    So you know what it is like to have a hot Xmas, too! Come to Australia sometime! I am sure you will find the heat here nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH. MY. FREAKING. GAWDS! You are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete